regseeker

rich

I have a windows XP machine. I tried using regseeker with it but I'm
experiencing difficulties erasing entries. Has anyone else been through
this..Can ya help me

cathair

I have a windows XP machine. I tried using regseeker with it but I'm
experiencing difficulties erasing entries. Has anyone else been through
this..Can ya help me

Select entries to be removed......Hit Delete (on the keyboard).
Don't forget to check the box on the bottom left to create a backup.

Paul Urquhart

cathair said:
Select entries to be removed......Hit Delete (on the keyboard).
Don't forget to check the box on the bottom left to create a backup.

And be careful deleting the red entries unless you are sure of what you
are doing. The green ones should be ok to delete en masse.

Rod

Paul Urquhart said:
And be careful deleting the red entries unless you are sure of what you
are doing. The green ones should be ok to delete en masse.

The right-click menu also provides a delete-option.
BTW, on my win98se I never had any problems deleting all entries, both
green and red.

Eric

Rod said:
The right-click menu also provides a delete-option.
BTW, on my win98se I never had any problems deleting all entries, both
green and red.

Agreed with all of the above. IMO awesome program but be careful of reds.
Very aggresive program but will find things that others don't, so be
careful, its ignore list is not too large.

Eric

Ron May

Message-ID said:
I have a windows XP machine. I tried using regseeker with it but I'm
experiencing difficulties erasing entries. Has anyone else been through
this..Can ya help me

Using version 1.35, beta build 1203 here. No problems at all with
either XP SP1 or (since I updated about a month ago) XP SP2. Just
checked it again. 39 entries, about even between "red" and "green."
The "reds" mostly dealt with unused file extensions, leftover entries
from uninstalled software, and pointers to data and other working
files that had been deleted. I did "select all," right click, chose
"delete selected items" and they're history except for the backup.

If by "difficulties erasing entries" you mean entries that are in fact
deleted, but persistently reappear, that's not a Regseeker issue, but
a different kind of problem you'll need to hunt down and kill! <g>

Ron M.

jmatt

Click on Clean the Registry & tick > Scan Drives for old exe
entries in the registry . Click OK .
My personal use , is to , delete only the Green entries .
Left click the 1st green entry to highlight , hold the Shift key down
& move down the list to the last green entry & click ( no red
inbetween ) to highlght bulk Green entries .
Right click to delete .