*Subject:* Regional System Settings
*From:* (e-mail address removed) (Mark)
*Date:* Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:06 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Is it possible to change the regional system settings for date and time? I
can obviously change the user settings in the Control Panel but I'm sick
of a few programs using the system settings rather than the user settings,
such as PerfectDisk and to some extent AVG 7.

Mark

OK no replies. Let's put it like this then:
Where would a program get the default US format date and time to display in a
log rather than use my user regional (UK) settings as almost everything else
uses.

Mark

Gary Smith

Mark said:
OK no replies. Let's put it like this then:
Where would a program get the default US format date and time to display in a
log rather than use my user regional (UK) settings as almost everything else
uses.

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International? Check valuename
sShortDate there to see if the value matches what you're getting.
Otherwise the format may be built in to the program.

Mark

*Subject:* Re: Regional System Settings
*From:* Gary Smith <[email protected]>
*Date:* Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:47:10 -0800

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International? Check valuename
sShortDate there to see if the value matches what you're getting.
Otherwise the format may be built in to the program.

Thanks Gary, looks like this is the same as my user settings. :-(

Mark