Regedit,task manager have been disabled by your administrator and antivirus does not

Reaction score
Regedit,task manager have been disabled by your administrator and antivirus does not start
Houston I got a problem !!

After playing with many software back and forth ,I got some odd situation in my Operative system “windows 2000 pro” which by the way I access to it as Administrator ( with all the power !)

I think that the computer has a virus as someone posted , so I have been had !! but I really do not know.Would someone please help me out in this matter ,please ? I fully appreciate the reading of this despaired message :
1 ) I can not get access not only into regedit but also in regedt32 and get the message :

“The regedit has been disabled by your administrator” despite of trying several actions taken such us :

a) Script taken from here www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm ( thanks anyway )
b) Playing with the Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc ( User configuration/ administrative templates / system / disable registry editing tools “Disabled” or leaving “not configured “
c ) I “red add” through out the command prompt does not work
d) the following script scrpt neither :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableRegistryTools"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

"**.del.DisableRegistryTools"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableRegistryTools"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

"**del.DisableRegistryTools"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

2 ) As well as my task manager which is blocked

3) ClamWin antivirus does not START , neither the portable in one of my flash memories

It seems that there is not other trouble hovering around , the rest of the programs work well till now , but due to this inconvenient I can not solve some personal issues I need to get .

Would someone please help me out in this matter ,please ? I fully appreciate the reading of this despaired message

Houston I got a problem !!

Thanks a lot everybody I hope I can get some answer soon

Attachments

• Al_F1.jpg
    Al_F1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hiya, you've got an infection of the Conficker virus in my opinion. Download the conficker removal tool from symantec website on another pc, burn to a cd or read-only media and then run it on this pc, that should clear it, and your AV should be able to start, then ensure the AV is fully updated and patched etc. Cheers.

Reaction score
HI Mike the tech guy . thanks for the advice I will be doing it and keep you posed

HI Mike the tech guy . thanks for the advice I will be doing it and keep you posed , thanks once again

Ask a Question