Windows 7 Regarding Group policies

Reaction score
Hi Dear,

I want to know can i take a backup of local group policy editor (gpedit.msc), and can we restore at another pc as its having same os (windows 7), actually i have configured gpo at my windows 7 o/s and I have 230 PC at different-different location with same os and hardware and I just want to configure at my filed. So kindly suggest me the process how can I do.
Kindly do the needful.

Regards
Abhishek Tailor:confused:

Reaction score
It seems to me your question was answered a while ago. But I copied and pasted the answers in case you did not know.

Hi,
Why do not you consider to use the AD pushing the policy to the client? This is the easiest way to deploy the policies to the large number clients.
Meantime, the following link for your reference.
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/96377-local-group-policy-backuprestore/
But I still do not suggest this solution. Please consider to deploy it in the domain environment if possible.
Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I used to build gaming machines. each unit was independant of the others. each unit was configured via GPO on the local machine. My copy was taken care of during imaging of the drives.

However, with 230 machines, I would set up a domain controller and use AD push as Joester suggested.

Ask a Question