regarding Drive Rescue

Mike Bourke

According to the website, this program is no longer freeware. However, the
download link on the pricelessware site still came up with a version whose
license says it is freeware. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks whether or
not the software is freeware or crippleware. Just thought the group should
know - and if it proves not to be fully-functional freeware (despite the
licence agreement content) maybe people can start looking for / thinking
about alternate freeware undelete utilities for the 2006 list.

Mike Bourke

Susan Bugher

Mike said:
According to the website, this program is no longer freeware. However, the
download link on the pricelessware site still came up with a version whose
license says it is freeware. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks whether or
not the software is freeware or crippleware. Just thought the group should
know - and if it proves not to be fully-functional freeware (despite the
licence agreement content) maybe people can start looking for / thinking
about alternate freeware undelete utilities for the 2006 list.

Hello Mike,

It looks as if the "home page" info needs to be revised in the current PL description. Thanks for
mentioning that. FYI - it's not *new* news that some versions of the app aren't freeware. I believe
the freeware version was discontinued in 2002.

The PL2005 description on the PWH site includes a "Last Freeware version" note:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005FILEUTILITIES.php#0221-PW

as does the PL2004 description:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2004/PL2004FILEUTILITIES.php#0221-PW

and the PL2003 description: