RefEdit Control

Is there a way to use Refedit Control and have it not return Absolutes.. $A$4?

I use Refedit to get a range and use it in a formula and it works great.
However, when I want to copy that formula to other cells it does not work
because of the $ absolute references.

Thanks in advance if you can help

Jim Cone

Sub PutThemAway()
Dim str As String
str = MyRefEditControl.Text
str = Application.Substitute(str, "$", vbNullString)
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"FGM" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Is there a way to use Refedit Control and have it not return Absolutes.. $A$4?

I use Refedit to get a range and use it in a formula and it works great.
However, when I want to copy that formula to other cells it does not work
because of the $ absolute references.

Thanks in advance if you can help

NickHK

?range("$A$4").Address(false,false)
A4

Look at the other aguments to Address also.

NickHK

Thank you... I had told my boss I would just have to strip the $. Thanks
for the how to do it.

Thank you, Thank you.... this is even better. I did look at address .. but
it is not always clear... Do not know how some of you figure all this out...
I have several books but did not find the solution.... thank you.