Redemption access AppointmentItem Label from outlook

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook VBA Programming' started by entvex, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. entvex

    entvex Guest

    entvex, Apr 9, 2010

  2. The property for the label is the color, which is
    "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062002-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/82140003"
    as a DASL property you can use in Redemption. That's a PT_LONG, so you set
    it to an int value such as 1 for Important, 2 for Business, etc.

    The actual text for the corresponding label colors is stored in a PT_BINARY
    property on the folder, the property has a property tag of 0x36DC0102
    ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x36DC0102" in DASL).

    You'd have to reverse engineer that binary if you want custom label text.
    Offhand in a MAPI viewer it looks like it's an array where a default entry
    is represented by a Unicode null (0x0000) and a custom label is then stored
    in Unicode in little-endian style ("F" would be stored as 0x4600.

    --
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP - Outlook]
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
    http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

    Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook], Apr 9, 2010

  3. Here's an example for setting the color:
    http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=55&cmd=showitem

    --
    Best regards
    Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

    Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook], Apr 9, 2010
  4. entvex

    entvex Guest

    Hello I have tried getting the ID

    Like this Appointment.GetIDsFromNames("0x36DC0102", "PT_BINARY")

    But I can't seem to get any vale out if it ? what am I doing wrong :)

    Greetings Entvex

    entvex, Apr 12, 2010
  5. What you're doing wrong is that 0x36DC0102 is the actual property tag you're
    trying to get from GetIDsFromNames(). Don't call that method at all, just
    use that tag.

    --
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP - Outlook]
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.

    Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook], Apr 12, 2010
  6. entvex

    entvex Guest

    The property for the label is the color, which is
    "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062002-0000-0000-
    C000-000000000046}/82140003"
    as a DASL property you can use in Redemption. That's a PT_LONG, so you
    set
    it to an int value such as 1 for Important, 2 for Business, etc.

    Getting the label color value like that would be fine

    But how do I get the ints ?

    Greetings Entvex

    entvex, Apr 13, 2010
  7. entvex

    entvex Guest

    I've fix it :D

    this way Debug.WriteLine("Color: " +
    Appointment.get_Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/
    {00062002-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/82140003"));

    Thanks for all the help =)

    entvex, Apr 13, 2010