Red X's on home page

I am running windows XP2. I have been having trouble getting red X's where
there is supposed to be writing and pictures on my home page. It only happens
the first time I turn on my computer and go on line. After I click on the
refresh button it corrects the problem and after that I can go on and off
line all day and everything is fine. It is just the first time. My provider
has had me try several things and finally wants me to down load internet
explorer again. I have tried but it tells me it cannot down load because I
have the latest version.
Is there any help?
cladot2

Touch Base

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30885
Images Not Displaying In Internet Explorer (Red X's As Images)

|I am running windows XP2. I have been having trouble getting red X's where
| there is supposed to be writing and pictures on my home page. It only happens
| the first time I turn on my computer and go on line. After I click on the
| refresh button it corrects the problem and after that I can go on and off
| line all day and everything is fine. It is just the first time. My provider
| has had me try several things and finally wants me to down load internet
| explorer again. I have tried but it tells me it cannot down load because I
| have the latest version.
| Is there any help?
| cladot2

Thanks for your reponse. But that did not fix the problem. It only happens to
my home page. My provider says they are not the problem. I have a friend down
the street running XP and with the same provider is he is not haveing any
problem.
Thanks any way, if you think of anything else let me know.

cladot2

Don Varnau

Hi,
No guarantees, but some steps you might try...
1. First, clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)
2. If running McAfee Privacy Service, disable it.
3. Turn on the windows Firewall (Control Panel> Windows Firewall) and
disable (as a test) your third-party firewall.
4. Disable, as a test, third-party security, privacy, ad-blocking programs.
One of them may be causing this.
5. From Start> Run) enter
ipconfig /flushdns [Enter or OK]

If you set a different homepage, does this still occur?

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Thanks Don for your reply. It was a good try but it did not work, but I did
print your reply and I am going to keep it. It showed me somethings I did not
know. Is there away to down load Enternet Explorer again since I am already
running it, to see if there is a problem there?
cladot2

cladot2 said:
I am running windows XP2. I have been having trouble getting red X's where
there is supposed to be writing and pictures on my home page. It only happens
the first time I turn on my computer and go on line. After I click on the
refresh button it corrects the problem and after that I can go on and off
line all day and everything is fine. It is just the first time. My provider
has had me try several things and finally wants me to down load internet
explorer again. I have tried but it tells me it cannot down load because I
have the latest version.
Is there any help?
cladot2

Don Varnau

Hi,
If SP2 was installed as an update, uninstalling/reinstalling SP2 may replace
the damaged files.

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;875350

318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318378

Reregistering the DLLs listed in this article may help:
281679 - You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]