recycle bin stopped working!

G

I was installing a program that would have replaced the function of my recycle bin (it was an undelete program), but the program crashed halfway when it was installing and now when I delete files they do not go to the recycling bin. I have made sure 'Do not move files to recycling bin' is unchecked, and am certain that the system registry has been changed so that Windows 2000 thinks the undelete folder is at a different address. It is also possible that the undelete software I was trying to install had a virus, and there is no chance I can install it fully. So how do I fix the problem?
Many thanks,
Stefan.

R

Ricardo M. Urbano - W2K/NT4 MVP

Stefan said:
I was installing a program that would have replaced the function of my recycle bin (it was an undelete program), but the program crashed halfway when it was installing and now when I delete files they do not go to the recycling bin. I have made sure 'Do not move files to recycling bin' is unchecked, and am certain that the system registry has been changed so that Windows 2000 thinks the undelete folder is at a different address. It is also possible that the undelete software I was trying to install had a virus, and there is no chance I can install it fully. So how do I fix the problem?
Many thanks,
Stefan.

What undelete program was it? If it was the one from Executive
Software, their tech support is pretty good and are worth calling.

Take this as a lesson to keep a current ERD maintained at all times; it
could get you out of a jam like this.

Ask a Question