Record in use on form shows #deleted in underlying table

Reaction score
If Doug Steele looks at this please respond Doug if you have time, from an English Beer Monster...hope the brewing is going okay.........

I use a form that displays a filtered set of records from an underlying table.

If the user has a record on screen and does not click save record for more than a few minutes the underlying table shows the record that the form is currently on as #delete in every field. It only shows this in the table, if you look at the form it has all the data in all the fields. If I ask the user to move off record OR click save record the #delete fields all dissappear and the record then shows all the data in table. The user would only ever update the record, they are not allowed to insert or delete as the form is set for EDIT only. I stress that the form is opened using filtering for a certain block of records, typically 2 to 25 and the user pages back and forth between these records updating them.

WHY does the #delete appear? Is it a timeout thing? When the table is in this state all sorts of odd things happen to other users who are accessing the table! It is a bog standard .MDB database using standard VBA no SQL server stuff. Help!

Last edited:

Ask a Question