Rebooting Noise

flavia86

Hello,
Today when I logged on to my PC every 5 mins my computer sounds like
it's rebooting. My screens don't freeze or anything it just sounds
like the computer is rebooting. Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks.

Vanguard

flavia86 said:
Hello,
Today when I logged on to my PC every 5 mins my computer sounds like
it's rebooting. My screens don't freeze or anything it just sounds
like the computer is rebooting. Does anyone know what this means?

So it "sounds" like it is rebooting? Well, if it was rebooting then you
would "see" it is rebooting. So what does "sound like rebooting" sound
like?

flavia86

Vanguard said:
"flavia86" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hello,
Today when I logged on to my PC every 5 mins my computer sounds like
it's rebooting. My screens don't freeze or anything it just sounds
like the computer is rebooting. Does anyone know what this means?-

So it "sounds" like it is rebooting? Well, if it was rebooting the
you
would "see" it is rebooting. So what does "sound like rebooting" soun

like?

It sounds like it's shutting down and then restarting, or like you'r
trying to burn a cd. Do you know that sound

peter

You mean like the HD is starting to spin up but fails?
Or is it the Fans inside are clogged with dust and need cleaning??
Or do you have a CD in the drive and its spinning up??
peter

jw19782003

flavia86 said:
Hello,
Today when I logged on to my PC every 5 mins my computer sounds like
it's rebooting. My screens don't freeze or anything it just sounds
like the computer is rebooting. Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks.

That noise is not your computer rebooting. It is the noise you actually
hear if you pick up your phone. Whenever it connects, that sound should
go away.