    willdo it for free without actually having to have the stupid player
    installed.

    Anyone have anything like that? TIA

    Mister Charlie, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Mister Charlie

    Guest Guest

    Hi:

    Look for a File called 'realalt090.exe'

    This app should be the Real Alternitive.. It is a Media Player (not by real)
    but installs the REAL Codecs. This is audio only.

    If you have a sound card that'll playback WHILE recording what you hear
    (like the Creative Audigy, live may do it too) then you can play a REAL
    audio file and record to wav, or MP3, or whatever..

    Another work around is to hookup a Tape recorder out of the line out
    (computer to speaker) and record to tape while playing the file, nd
    re-record it from tape to wav, and convertot mp3 (or record to mp3).

    Hope this helps
    -Larry B

    --
    ~~~
    The Honor System Virus:

    Greetings!

    This virus works on the honor system: You must now forward this message to
    everyone in your address book and then, randomly delete a bunch of your
    files. Thank you so much for your help.

    Guest, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Mister Charlie

    dansheen Guest

    I'm relatively new here but so far haven't heard anyone mention the
    dbpoweramp converter. It's the best converter I've found. It comes with
    real, mp3 and a few others standard. You can download additional plug ins
    for most of the lossy and lossless formats. There is also a free player
    that is available that plays all formats but I haven't tried that yet. The
    converter is simple in that you just write click on whatever file you want
    to convert and the options are listed.
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

    dansheen, Jul 6, 2003