RE: VBA - using Shell to open a .jpg file in MS Paint

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access VBA Modules' started by Daniel Pineault, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. Here try this:

    Function OpenImage(sFileFullPathAndName)
    On Error GoTo Error_Handler

    Shell Chr(34) & "C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.exe" & Chr(34) & " " & _
    Chr(34) & sFileFullPathAndName & Chr(34), 1

    If Err.Number = 0 Then Exit Function

    Error_Handler:
    MsgBox "MS Access has generated the following error" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf &
    "Error Number: " & _
    Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Source: OpenImage" & vbCrLf & "Error
    Err.Description, vbCritical, "An Error has Occured!"
    Exit Function
    End Function

    You simply call it like so:
    OpenImage("D:\Main\My Documents\My Pictures\Portrait.jpg")
    --
    Hope this helps,

    Daniel Pineault
    http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

    Daniel Pineault, Jun 20, 2009

  2. Daniel Pineault

    Willis Guest

    IT WORKS!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...Willis

    Willis, Jul 4, 2009