Re: Training Record Database

coffeeking

Hi,

i want to create a database that will track our employee's training history.
i have these tables as of now:

- EMPLOYEES (EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName, Nationality, Job Title, etc)
- MODULES (or Training courses such First Aid, Driving Improvements, etc.)
ModuleID, Descrtiption, Duration, CourseDate, NextCourseDate, etc)
- TRAINERS (TrainerID, FirstName, LastName, etc)

I want the database to do the following:
- Add new record using a form
- display employees and their training records (one form using tabs)
- display the list of trainers
- sort training by employee ID, Last name, Data, etc
- a separate search engine (not using the default one)
- can be downloaded as Excel file.

i got things prepared, but its messed up. it seems im having trouble with
TABLE RELATIONSHIP...im a newbie..so if anyone could help me will be very
much appreciated.

also, if anyone have a sample of a training database, it will help me a lot!
Thanks

HI

I use a data base I created 10 years ago and keep adding things to. It
does everything a training manager would want i would think . it even
creates the table place cards with the persons name and location. You
are quite welcome to a copy after i clean it out of the records. I am
only an amatuer but it has been invaluable to me over the years. let
me know. it will take a while to remove logos etc of all the forms and
reports.

J. Williams

Try http://accesstrainingdatabase.blogspot.com/. The employee training
database templates here aren't free, but are affordable (under $20) and easy
to use.

ghostman via AccessMonster.com said:
can i have a link?

[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
HI

I use a data base I created 10 years ago and keep adding things to. It
does everything a training manager would want i would think . it even
creates the table place cards with the persons name and location. You
are quite welcome to a copy after i clean it out of the records. I am
only an amatuer but it has been invaluable to me over the years. let
me know. it will take a while to remove logos etc of all the forms and
reports.

wiseowl

HI

I use a data base I created 10 years ago and keep adding things to. It
does everything a training manager would want i would think . it even
creates the table place cards with the persons name and location. You
are quite welcome to a copy after i clean it out of the records. I am
only an amatuer but it has been invaluable to me over the years. let
me know. it will take a while to remove logos etc of all the forms and
reports.

Hi,

I'm quite interested in your project as I'm also in the middle of
creating a training records database. If you have strip out the data
are you able to forward a copy. Cheers Terry.

Glenda

I am also interested in your database. Please respond. Thank you
--
Glenda

ghostman via AccessMonster.com said:
can i have a link?

[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]
HI

I use a data base I created 10 years ago and keep adding things to. It
does everything a training manager would want i would think . it even
creates the table place cards with the persons name and location. You
are quite welcome to a copy after i clean it out of the records. I am
only an amatuer but it has been invaluable to me over the years. let
me know. it will take a while to remove logos etc of all the forms and
reports.

Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
On Jul 15, 9:41*pm, "The Ghostman via AccessMonster.com" <u51724@uwe>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to create a database that will track our employee's training history.
> i have these tables as of now:
>
> - EMPLOYEES (EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName, Nationality, Job Title, etc)
> - MODULES (or Training courses such First Aid, Driving Improvements, etc.)
> ModuleID, Descrtiption, Duration, CourseDate, NextCourseDate, etc)
> - TRAINERS (TrainerID, FirstName, LastName, etc)
>
> I want the database to do the following:
> - Add new record using a form
> - display employees and their training records (one form using tabs)
> - display the list of trainers
> - sort training by employee ID, Last name, Data, etc
> - a separate search engine (not using the default one)
> - can be downloaded as Excel file.
>
> i got things prepared, but its messed up. it seems im having trouble with
> TABLE RELATIONSHIP...im a newbie..so if anyone could help me will be very
> much appreciated.
>
> also, if anyone have a sample of a training database, it will help me a lot!
> Thanks
>
> --

HI

I use a data base I created 10 years ago and keep adding things to. It
does everything a training manager would want i would think . it even
creates the table place cards with the persons name and location. You
are quite welcome to a copy after i clean it out of the records. I am
only an amatuer but it has been invaluable to me over the years. let
me know. it will take a while to remove logos etc of all the forms and
reports.

May I have a copy of your db? thank you in advance

Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Good day all: I am looking for the same type of DB for employee training. I see that there might be an existing one that can be shared. I would lkie to recieve one as well. Can you help?

Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, can i get a copy of that database to build on?? :bow:

Would anybody have a copy of the database as I am new to Access and have been spending too much time creating a database that still does not do what I want it to!!!

A copy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks