Re-Register Word plugin with IE

At our company we have developed a web application for document management.
We open .doc files in IE with what seems to be some Word Plugin. To do this
we don't use some tricks but it seems to be the default behavior when doing a
window.open <url to file> in vbscript
This works pretty fine for most users. However, there is one user were IE
shows the little square with the red cross. That usually means that a plugin
counld't be loaded. So my guess is that the .doc file viewer isn't correclty
registered.
Does someone know how I can fix this problem? Is there a dll I need to
register unsing regsvr32?

I verified that every other file type works fine for that user i.e. Excel,
Powerpoint, PDF...all open in IE with their corresponding plugin, except Word
documents.

Any thanks is appreciated

Altrüs

Hi,

This 'red x' issue is not uncommon when dealing with some
applets or indeed images. The following resources should allow
you to effectively address the issue:

Red X image displayed where the applet should be, applets won't
run:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/redximage.jsp

And a more general resource:
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ieimage.htm#IMAGEREDX