RE: Compare NTUser.dat utility?

pauly [MSFT]

Here's one possibility:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,19840,00.asp
- OR -
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1015268116

Excerpt:
RegSnap Standard can help you analyze changes made to the susceptible
Windows Registry. You can compare saved snapshots and learn which keys were
modified, deleted, or added. You can also analyze other sensitive system
parts, such as win.inim system.ini, and config.sys files. RegSnap can
generate .REG files to undo and redo registry changes

OTHERS:

RegShot:
- http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwregtools.html
- http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlregshot.html

Excerpt:
RegShot is a small utility that allows you to quickly take a snapshot of
your registry and then compare it with a second one - done after doing
system changes or installing a new software product. The changes report can
be produced in text or HTML format and contains a list of all modifications
that have taken place between snapshot1 and snapshot2. in addition, you can
also specify a folder (with sub filders) to be scanned for changes as well.

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
(e-mail address removed)

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBNYXJ0aXM=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Compare NTUser.dat utility?
| Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:21:11 -0800
|
| Anyone know of any utilities that compare two NTUser.dat files? I can't
blow away the user profile but need to find a particular setting that needs
to be removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!