Re: Canon Pixma iP4500 printer head problem

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Arthur Entlich, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. You may wish to remove the head and make sure the contacts between it
    and the printer carriage body are clean and secure. Be careful in the
    handling when you remove it. It may be that some foreign material got
    in there and the contacts aren't connecting correctly. You can gently
    clean them with a soft paper towel and some isopropyl alcohol, but do
    not place a lot of pressure on them.

    If that doesn't correct the issue, the head in your printer is called a
    semi-permanent type, meaning they do indeed wear out over time and can
    be user replaced. If it has failed, (and you are getting quite a heavy
    service from the printer, particularly the black head) you probably can
    have it replaced under warranty. If you are out of th warranty period,
    the heads are available online at a number of places.

    Art

    If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
    I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

    http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

    Arthur Entlich, Jul 15, 2008

  2. Arthur Entlich

    John Chapman Guest

    Arthur Entlich wrote:
    > You may wish to remove the head and make sure the contacts between it
    > and the printer carriage body are clean and secure. Be careful in the
    > handling when you remove it. It may be that some foreign material got
    > in there and the contacts aren't connecting correctly. You can gently
    > clean them with a soft paper towel and some isopropyl alcohol, but do
    > not place a lot of pressure on them.
    >
    > If that doesn't correct the issue, the head in your printer is called a
    > semi-permanent type, meaning they do indeed wear out over time and can
    > be user replaced. If it has failed, (and you are getting quite a heavy
    > service from the printer, particularly the black head) you probably can
    > have it replaced under warranty. If you are out of th warranty period,
    > the heads are available online at a number of places.
    >
    > Art

    For this model of printer in the UK you will discover that a replacement
    printhead costs the same or more than a brand new printer.

    John Chapman, Jul 15, 2008

  3. Arthur Entlich

    measekite Guest

    John Chapman wrote:
    > Arthur Entlich wrote:
    >> You may wish to remove the head and make sure the contacts between it
    >> and the printer carriage body are clean and secure. Be careful in the
    >> handling when you remove it. It may be that some foreign material
    >> got in there and the contacts aren't connecting correctly. You can
    >> gently clean them with a soft paper towel and some isopropyl alcohol,
    >> but do not place a lot of pressure on them.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't correct the issue, the head in your printer is called
    >> a semi-permanent type, meaning they do indeed wear out over time and
    >> can be user replaced. If it has failed, (and you are getting quite a
    >> heavy service from the printer, particularly the black head) you
    >> probably can have it replaced under warranty. If you are out of th
    >> warranty period, the heads are available online at a number of places.
    >>
    >> Art

    > For this model of printer in the UK you will discover that a replacement
    > printhead costs the same or more than a brand new printer.

    I told the guy to buy a new printer a few days ago and use Canon ink for
    the best trouble free results.

    measekite, Jul 15, 2008
  4. Arthur Entlich

    measekite Guest

    Michael Johnson wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    >>

    >> John Chapman wrote:

    >>> For this model of printer in the UK you will discover that a
    >>> replacement
    >>> printhead costs the same or more than a brand new printer.

    >> I told the guy to buy a new printer a few days ago and use Canon ink
    >> for the best trouble free results.

    > Maybe one day you'll realize no one listens to your lame advice.

    It is quite apparent Junior that they do and you do not like it. But
    that is the way the cartridge crumbles.

    measekite, Jul 16, 2008
  5. Arthur Entlich

    FB Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > Michael Johnson wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> I told the guy to buy a new printer a few days ago and use Canon ink
    >>> for the best trouble free results.

    >> Maybe one day you'll realize no one listens to your lame advice.

    > It is quite apparent Junior that they do and you do not like it.

    No one listens to your insane diatribes about something you know nothing
    at all about.
    You're a austrian fascist bigoted atheist lying pig.
    Do yourself a favor and get lost.

    FB, Jul 16, 2008
  6. Michael Johnson () writes:
    > measekite wrote:
    >>

    >> Michael Johnson wrote:

    >>> Maybe one day you'll realize no one listens to your lame advice.

    >> It is quite apparent Junior that they do and you do not like it. But
    >> that is the way the cartridge crumbles.

    > Keep on hallucinating.

    I'd defintely say he has a "head problem".

    Brendan

    Brendan R. Wehrung, Jul 16, 2008