rasforce

popajohnh

Is there a way to have the checkbox not be grayed out as it is when using
RasForce to force the computer to log on using dial up networking? I need to
allow the user to uncheck it if their VPN ISP is down.

Tim Meddick

Sorry, what exactly IS "RasForce" (or "RasDisable" for that matter...)?

I was trying [desperately] to find something on it but am no nearer to understanding
what it is...

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

Hi,

You can try to boot Safe Mode and logon the computer by a local account.

Then, please delete the RasForce key from following registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Please reboot the computer to Normal Mode.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Robinson Zhang
Microsoft Online Support

Tim Meddick

Please, if you follow the advice given by "Robinson Zhang [MSFT]" do NOT go and
delete the entire "WinLogon" Reg_Key but JUST the RasForce VALUE under it - NO KEYS
SHOULD BE DELETED

The attached reg-file will delete it for you safely.

(No offence to Mr Zhang, but it's just that the way you wrote your post, at first
glance, I was under the impression one was to delete the whole WinLogon key).

(I found out just what it was in the end!)

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

Hi Tim,

Sorry for making confusion.

On my previous post, I suggested deleting RasForce entry from registry, not
Winlogon key. Also, you can try to modify the RasForce value to fix this
issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Robinson Zhang
Microsoft Online Support

From: "Tim Meddick" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: rasforce
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 00:04:43 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
Please, if you follow the advice given by "Robinson Zhang [MSFT]" do NOT go and
delete the entire "WinLogon" Reg_Key but JUST the RasForce VALUE under it - NO KEYS
SHOULD BE DELETED

Tim Meddick

I did include a small "aside" in that post to the effect that I did not want to cause
you any offence.

Everything you wrote in your post was spot-on.

However, the way it was written (maybe just the line-wrap or something) made me think
(at first glance, anyway) that the WinLogon key was to be deleted.

This group is for people with a whole range of abilities and, as such, a slight
confusion might lead to catastrophic results at the "other end".

Since I was already "involved" with this thread and since I always err on the side of
caution - I decided to make my comment.

I really do hope that my [perhaps] over cautiousness did not cause you any offence.

==

"Robinson Zhang [MSFT]" said:
Hi Tim,

Sorry for making confusion.

On my previous post, I suggested deleting RasForce entry from registry, not
Winlogon key. Also, you can try to modify the RasForce value to fix this
issue.

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

Hi popajohnh,

I am just writing to say Hi, and to ensure the problem has been completely
resolved. If there is anything I can do to help on this issue, please feel
free to let me know. I am happy to be of assistance. :)

Thanks!

Best regards,
Robinson Zhang
Microsoft Online Support