    Does a Windows freeware exist to do this?

    --
    Onno

    Onno, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Onno

    WebWalker Guest

    On 13 Nov 2003 19:56:35 GMT, Onno <> wrote:

    >At the moment I extract incomplete RAR archives with the freeware command
    >line tool from Rarsoft, but that is quite a hassle.
    >
    >Does a Windows freeware exist to do this?

    Try IZArc
    http://izsoft.cjb.net/
    It can extract RAR file.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

    WebWalker, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Onno

    WebWalker Guest

    WebWalker, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Onno

    Onno Guest

    WebWalker <> wrote in

    > Try IZArc
    > http://izsoft.cjb.net/
    > It can extract RAR file.

    Can you confirm that IZarc has the 'keep broken files' option?

    --
    Onno

    Onno, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Onno

    WebWalker Guest

    On 15 Nov 2003 10:23:15 GMT, Onno <> wrote:

    >Can you confirm that IZarc has the 'keep broken files' option?

    What are "broken files" ?

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

    WebWalker, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Onno

    Onno Guest

    WebWalker <> wrote in

    > What are "broken files" ?

    Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts are
    available.

    --
    Onno

    Onno, Nov 16, 2003
  7. Onno

    WebWalker Guest

    On 16 Nov 2003 16:08:03 GMT, Onno <> wrote:

    >WebWalker <> wrote in
    >
    >> What are "broken files" ?

    >Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts are
    >available.

    Shouldn't you download the same file(s) again from the Internet or
    source?
    You can repair a damaged compress file but you cannot repair a
    incomplete compress file.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

    WebWalker, Nov 17, 2003
  8. Onno

    Onno Guest

    WebWalker <> wrote in

    > On 16 Nov 2003 16:08:03 GMT, Onno <> wrote:
    >
    >>WebWalker <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> What are "broken files" ?

    >>Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts
    >>are available.

    > Shouldn't you download the same file(s) again from the Internet or
    > source?

    Perhaps I didn't use the right words. Rar archives often consist of
    different volumes (maybe that's the word I should have used instead of
    parts), part01.rar, part02.rar etc.

    Say you have the first 2 volumes of an archive that consists of 10.
    With Winrar it is possible to extract the available data in the 2
    volumes. This is very useful with multimedia files, it gives the chance
    to preview the file before you download the remaing volumes.

    --
    Onno

    Onno, Nov 17, 2003
  9. Onno

    WebWalker Guest

    On 17 Nov 2003 17:22:45 GMT, Onno <> wrote:

    >>>Files in a RAR archive that are incomplete because not all RAR parts
    >>>are available.

    >> Shouldn't you download the same file(s) again from the Internet or
    >> source?

    >Perhaps I didn't use the right words. Rar archives often consist of
    >different volumes (maybe that's the word I should have used instead of
    >parts), part01.rar, part02.rar etc.
    >
    >Say you have the first 2 volumes of an archive that consists of 10.
    >With Winrar it is possible to extract the available data in the 2
    >volumes. This is very useful with multimedia files, it gives the chance
    >to preview the file before you download the remaing volumes.

    IZArc cannot do that but 7-Zip can.
    Get 7-Zip from http://www.7-zip.org/.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

    WebWalker, Nov 18, 2003
  10. Onno

    Onno Guest

    WebWalker <> wrote in

    > IZArc cannot do that but 7-Zip can.
    > Get 7-Zip from http://www.7-zip.org/.

    I've tried it and it works indeed.
    Thanks a lot for the tip!

    --
    Onno

    Onno, Nov 18, 2003
  11. Onno

    CKD Guest

    Onno <> wrote in message news:<Xns94347407AB0DCzgm647@194.109.133.18>...
    > WebWalker <> wrote in
    >
    > > Try IZArc
    > > http://izsoft.cjb.net/
    > > It can extract RAR file.
    > >

    > Can you confirm that IZarc has the 'keep broken files' option?

    Sorry if this response is a little OT.
    I greatly prefer IZarc when compared with WinZip... however, IZarc did
    not and/or would not extract RAR files into usable format.
    Do not understand why that is... I use Win98 (first edition) OS.
    Anyone else ever noticed this situation?
    What is the proper method?

    Excuse me if this post out of line!

    S_H

    CKD, Nov 19, 2003
  12. Onno

    WebWalker Guest

    On 19 Nov 2003 04:13:20 -0800, (CKD) wrote:

    >Sorry if this response is a little OT.
    >I greatly prefer IZarc when compared with WinZip... however, IZarc did
    >not and/or would not extract RAR files into usable format.
    >Do not understand why that is... I use Win98 (first edition) OS.
    >Anyone else ever noticed this situation?
    >What is the proper method?
    >
    >Excuse me if this post out of line!

    Which version of IZArc you're using.
    I don't have problem of extract RAR files with IZArc 3.3.1.
    But someone said he/she is having RAR extraction problem with the latest
    version 3.4.

    --
    WebWalker

    PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279