Randomized data tables

Reaction score
I need to produce 2 columns of random numbers between 1 and 24, but the numbers cannot be repeated in each column. I tried sorting a random column, but I keep getting decimal numbers between 0 and 1. Can anyone help? Please!!!

Reaction score
The function =rand() will produce the numbers you are receiving. If you want numbers in a specific range you can you use =randbetween(0,25) or maybe =randbetween(1,24) to get the results you are looking for. It won't give you exactly the results you want because it will repeat numbers. I hope this helps!

Reaction score
Yes, the randbetween function gives whole numbers, but the numbers repeat in the column. Is there no way to make a list of 1 - 24 and them randomly mix those numbers?

Reaction score
What you would do for that is create a list of numbers 1-24, then create a column for sorting using one of the random number formulas and resort the table on that column. It will mix up your 1-24 numbers.

Ask a Question