Random Number Question

Steve Boyle

Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating the following

Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated

Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score cards that are
different and Random

Steve Boyle

By the way thanks for the help on my last question. If I ever remember to
take the print out to work and try the answers I will let you know how well
it worked.

Jim Cone

No formula, but I do have a free random number workbook available.
More details on it at the bottom of the Products page at my website.
Free upon request to those who provide a real name and geographic location.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Steve Boyle"
wrote in message
Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating the following

Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated

Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score cards that are
different and Random

Steve Boyle

By the way thanks for the help on my last question. If I ever remember to
take the print out to work and try the answers I will let you know how well
it worked.

joeu2004

Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating
the following[:]
Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated

One way:

1. Put =RAND() into A1:A52.

2. In any column (C3:C54, for example), put the following into the
first cell and copy down:

=rank(A1,$A$1:$A$52)

Caveat: Since RAND() is volatile, C3:C54 will change every time you
make any change to the workbook. If that bothers you, use copy-and-
paste-special-value to take a snapshot of C3:C54.
Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score
cards that are different and Random

So, I am not sure the above meets your needs.

Bernd P

Hello,

I suggest to search for UniqRandInt in this group.

It can even cope with 2 decks.

Regards,
Bernd