    http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Sep 7, 2009

  2. "John" <> wrote in
    news:uRI4ef#:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am looking for code generator recommendations to speed up data,
    > business and ui layers generation for database apps. For one I find it
    > very daunting to manage code modifications specially when database
    > schema evolves which is unfortunately often with the kind of clients I
    > deal with.
    >
    > I have looked at the following, just wondering if there are any better
    > ones;
    >
    > http://www.dawliasoft.com/Home/tabid/37/Default.aspx
    > http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com

    I have never tried Sculpture, so I can't say anything pro or con about
    it. I have played with My Generations. It is not my cup of tea, but it
    can be very flexible if used with NHibernate. If you are heading this
    direction, it simplifies things a bit, but you can do everything needed
    in NHibernate (after the learning curve). It has been awhile since I
    have played with My Generations.

    As far as other choices, here is one place you can look for plenty:
    http://sharptoolbox.com/categories/object-relational-mappers

    Of these, .NET Tiers is one of the simplest to use. I don't like that it
    locks you into opening multiple connections on a complex page, however.
    The price is right (free) and it is fairly simple.

    My faves, thus far, are:

    Genome
    Subsonic (uses Repository pattern, also open source)
    LLBLGenPro (created by a Microsoft MVP and a very nice product)
    DevForce

    If I were chosing today (I often have no choice as a gun for hire), i
    would choose either Subsonic or LLBLGen Pro, depending on budget and
    experience of other devs. If I had really good XML devs, I might head
    straight to NHibernate, as it allows a lot of flexibility.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
    http://www.crazycancertour.com

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Sep 14, 2009