Quick Time HUH

Reaction score
After a few people [10] have told me about having problems with [Apple Quick time Player] I decided to try it myself and what a shambles it turned out to be slowed the PCs to the extent of STOPPING FREEZING Blah blah blah.....:mad:

Apple Quick time.
A virus in its own right that’s IMHO.:wall:

Installed it on two of my own PCs the first one encountered BSOD >recovery from a serious ERROR… Mmmm…. try another PC same thing.

Should rename it to Shyte time. And there it was GONE>>>>

Windows Media player rules :nod:

Rant over

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No that is a link to the QT alternative program. Is what i use. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oh dear ... QT is a virus.

anyone know any different, then by all means, enlighten me it ain't and I may retract my statement.

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have Quick Time running on two XP machines as it's part of I-Tunes :mad:

No problems at all.

That doesn't mean to say I like it, I don't, the Alternative QT is good and I use that.

It's just that if you want to use I-Tunes (which I do, for my I-Pod) then QT is compulsory.

In fact, does anybody know of an alternative for I-Tunes that works well with I-Pods?

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
In fact, does anybody know of an alternative for I-Tunes that works well with I-Pods?

I have been wondering the same thing...I am fed up with iTunes...Brand spankers iPod that seems to be constantly corrupted....

I had a little look around and found this I haven't really had time to look at any of them, but did notice that the majority support Linux...Which I think should make more than a few people on here happy...Actually think I am going to spend the day playing around with what I found and will start a new thread...

Reaction score
Hi guys, I,ve got quicktime pro7 and I pay for it 30 eur0s, and it can,t open it,s own mov. files,I work with the 3d program 3dmax8 and when I want to put-out my animation as mov. files and I want to open them it doesn,t work if it is a small file 320x240 no problem but 800x600 or 1024x768 the size I need the animation stops and jump.It,s the first time Ipost in this forum and looks very good I,ll try that alternative about quicktime to see what,s going on,anybody has the same problem with quicktime?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, Media Player Classic is the one I've been using for years, imo it's better than all of them except, perhaps, Windows Media Centre, I love that movie player, watched Hellboy 2 last night on it, great fun.

Probably later today I'm going to uninstall I-Tunes/Quick Time from machine # 2, wipe the I-Pod and see how we get on with WinAmp and I-Pod. There's only about 500Mb of tunes on the 80Gb I-Pod so not a problem.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
wipe the I-Pod and see how we get on with WinAmp and I-Pod. .

When ya get it up and running, let me/us know...Winamp can't see my iPod....Ready to chuck it at the nearest brick wall...

Edit: Please

Reaction score
Thans for your replay muckshifter, the thing is trying with the alternative quicktime I delete quicktime, as it doesn,t work I wanted to install quicktime again and now I can,t install quicktime 7, apple don,t allow me to do it but the version 7.5 trail, so I lost the code that I pay for, and I have to pay again if I want the version 7.5
in the suppor page I can find an answer why I can open files mov
Anyway thanks a lot again

Ask a Question