1.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 151

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow, long ones... longest I have are just over 12 hours. Looks like they're trying to germinate that Nutritious Rice, not just crunch it ;)

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Wow, long ones... longest I have are just over 12 hours. Looks like they're trying to germinate that Nutritious Rice, not just crunch it ;)

They are a bit ridiculous IE: if I were to use the PC 8hrs a day it would take 5 days to do 1 job.

I will have to wait until Ady sees the thread.:nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes ! Just got two at over 20 hours waiting to start !

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Nothing like the size you've got itsme.

Just got in from the pub and checked again. The big tasks seem to have gone :eek: and all I have now are the usual sized ones. The longest now waiting is 12 hours.
Don't know what's going on here. Nothing in "Messages" to explain things. Weird !

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Boinc time estimates are wildly inaccurate, especially when in comes up against a new WU version its never had before - also if the machine isn't on all the time it can send the estimates a bit wonky.

Normally it will correct itself once its crunched each type.

Out of interest what Boinc version are you using?

Edit: looks like the FAAH WU's just got bigger http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=21419 - which is why its probably knocking the estimated times out for the others too :thumb:

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Boinc time estimates are wildly inaccurate, especially when in comes up against a new WU version its never had before - also if the machine isn't on all the time it can send the estimates a bit wonky.

Normally it will correct itself once its crunched each type.

Out of interest what Boinc version are you using?

Edit: looks like the FAAH WU's just got bigger http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=21419 - which is why its probably knocking the estimated times out for the others too :thumb:

I leave it run 24/7 at the moment.
Boinc version the latest I think? what is the latest? link please Ady:nod: :wave: I dont mind how WUs >long they run for;) its for a cause and thats what matters:thumb: just finising one 15hrs 40 mins estimated time was 18hrs

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
itsme said:
Boinc version the latest I think? what is the latest? link please Ady
nod.gif
happywave.gif
You can tell what version you have by going to Help>About Boinc Manager ;)

Latest non-beta Windows is 5.10.45 :thumb:

Ask a Question