Question re count option in Excel

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a workbook that contains 2 sheets. The first sheet is my results page and contains vlookup formulas the second sheet is where my data is stored.
On my first sheet I have 3 columns one is headed 'type' the next is headed 'complete' and the last one is headed 'refresher due?'.
The vlookup refers to my data sheet and populates my 2nd column which in turn triggers my 3rd column if applicable.

Under type I have various types of traing listed as text. I have used 'countblank to determine the number of training courses that have not been completed and used vlookup to populate a cell within sheet 1.

If the 2nd column is populated with a date and triggers a refresher date some times the refresher date has expired e.g. completed 01.03.06 refresher due 01.03.07. I have used conditional formatting to highlight cell, but is there anyway I could count the number of cells that are expired. I was thinking of creating additional columns in my 'data' sheet and referencing that way, but only way I think that would work would be to highlight the cells and maybe count them that way.

I also have training that is due to expire ( 3 months) for employees would like to count that too.

My 1st sheet 'results' has a list of legends indicating what the coloured formatting refers too.

Thank you.

Ask a Question