question on transaction protection (txf)

Chip Orange

I've read about a new transaction protection technology for files on NTFS,
by the name of txf. Does anyone know if only the server needs to be running
2003/vista, or do the work-stations also need to be running vista in order
to make use of this?

Thanks.

Chip Orange

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Here are some of the links and presentations on TXF that are available:
This link contains further sub topics with more information.
It also states this is available starting with Windows Vista.

Here is a webcast on TXF
http://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?culture=en-US&Eve
ntID=1032294095&CountryCode=US

When looking at TXF you should also look at Kernal Transaction Manager:

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]