Question on Internet Explorer v8

jw

I tried upgrading from IE6 to IE8, by downloading and installing MS's
offering. I tried it twice. Both times my desktop hung permanently
on the next boot up. I had to restore from backup to recover.

My question - what could be wrong here?

I reverted to IE7 and it seems to be running/browsing just fine.

Thanks

Duke

Malke

I tried upgrading from IE6 to IE8, by downloading and installing MS's
offering. I tried it twice. Both times my desktop hung permanently
on the next boot up. I had to restore from backup to recover.

My question - what could be wrong here?

I reverted to IE7 and it seems to be running/browsing just fine.

Please post your question in the IE newsgroup. That's where the IE experts
are.

Also see:

HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

Per MVP PA Bear - "I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus
application and any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) before
installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

"Tip: Reboot twice after installing IE8 Final. Make certain that your
anti-virus application, any anti-spyware applications (other than
Defender), and your third-party firewall (if any)
is supported in IE8 Final before you decide install it."

environment.
US & CA Residents: 866-234-6020. Other:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=13043

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/11/IE7-Installation-and-Anti_2D00_Malware-Applications.aspx

Malke

jw

Please post your question in the IE newsgroup. That's where the IE experts
are.

I would have if Agent had not missed the newsgroups when I searched
for just explorer. Sorry about dat.
[...]

All I can say is good grief. I got other things to do.

Olórin

I would have if Agent had not missed the newsgroups when I searched
for just explorer. Sorry about dat.

All I can say is good grief. I got other things to do.

No; you could at least have also said "thanks" for Malke's information. How
are we to know how little time and effort you're willing to invest in fixing
the problem you asked for help with?

jw

No; you could at least have also said "thanks" for Malke's information. How
are we to know how little time and effort you're willing to invest in fixing
the problem you asked for help with?

Aw geez! Sorry I offended you and Malke. I really do appreciate his
and other responses to my problems. Normally I do spend whatever time
it takes to deal with problems. I was jut frustrated in this case.

Thanks again

Duke

Joan Archer

Perhaps I should point out that Malke is female and not male <g>
--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

Aw geez! Sorry I offended you and Malke. I really do appreciate his
and other responses to my problems. Normally I do spend whatever time
it takes to deal with problems. I was jut frustrated in this case.

Thanks again

Duke

signature database 4060 (20090507) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4060 (20090507) __________

http://www.eset.com

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Subject: Re: Re: Question on Internet Explorer v8
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:43:21 -0700

You need to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.

Well Chris and his sock are still impersonating me - The headers prove
that I (Leythos) did not post the above statement. Abuse reported to
Teranews.