Question for Sir Flopps

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Way back, when I was a PCR newcomer, you posted a video-tour of London. You'd filmed it from your car (I think) and gave a commentary as you motored around?

It must have been way back in about 2006, so at that time, we were still using dial-up here, and downloading anything was painfully slow. Heck, even a large photo could take an age to appear... Consequently, and disappointingly, I never got to see your Quentin Tarantino moment. Probably a few others here were in a similar dial-up boat too.

With the recent, interesting threads posted by V_R and Urmas, (of London and Helsinki respectively) it made me wonder whether your vid is still in existence? If so, would you mind a cheeky request to re-post it pleeease?

Probably a long-shot, but well worth an ask. Thanks for reading anyway. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I second the motion, pun intended, I quite enjoyed the "flops goes on tour" vids, well the one I'd seen. :thumb:

You should startup a youtube channel Flops. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In 2006 I had this idea to film trips around my locale driving me wheels and named them 'Flops Travels'. The first one I made was shortly before I was diagnosed with that poxy disease. I still have them all, there's about seven in all, just the last one on hard disk, the rest are all in DVD format.

It's possible for me to rip the DVD's to hard disk I suppose but all resulting files would be big and thus awkward to host. Could be done though. Me mate Phil (BBF Forum owner) gives me lots of online storage space for free so I guess in theory they could be hosted.

They are only movies through my windscreen of me driving about locally though, nowt to get excited about, though there are one or two good moments, such as driving slowly across Tower Bridge and accidentally driving down a bus lane in The Strand.

If you really want to take a looksee let me know here and I'll start the process.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I would also like to see them now that I have a fast connection. Please start the process. :nod:

Flops you could also upload it on youtube and keep it private and share it by a link. However it is your call how you want to go about it

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
YAY! Thanks for even considering it Flopps......and seven videos! (That's six more than I thought - great!)

Maybe we could ask Ian for permission to set-up the PCR common-room as a small cinema, and stock-up on choc-ices for the intermission. :thumb:

Looking forward to this, so come on guys, a few more votes to encourage Mr Flopps please. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe we could ask Ian for permission to set-up the PCR common-room as a small cinema, and stock-up on choc-ices for the intermission. :thumb:

Looking forward to this, so come on guys, a few more votes to encourage Mr Flopps please. :D

PCR common room! What a great idea! Love it :thumb:

We need more votes to twist Ian's arm :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep another vote here from me for the Flopp's common room..:D

Cornetto's and popcorn an optional extra..:lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ooh...! And mustn't forget to line up a few Guinnesses for the projectionist ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I get the feeling this is a popular request Flops :thumb:.

I don't think there's going to be enough free space on the PCR server to host large files, however it should be possible to upload them to a private (or public) YouTube video which could then be streamed :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Armchair personally guided tours of London. :thumb:Whens the premier :cool:

Well, I've booked Leicester Square for next week, the invitations have gone out and I've alerted the papparazzi.

Not quite the Odeon Leicester Square but I did manage to persuade the proprietor of Luigi's Greasy Spoon cafe round the corner to lay on a few vol-au-vents and a supply of frothy coffee for the event. Luigi says he has a DVD player and a 19" TV that he reckons looks 'fabissimo'.

Had to improvise a little with the red carpet, got a roll off red crepe paper from a disenfranchised warehouse sale in Wapping, should arrrive tomorrow.

Urmas - all good but please don't kiss me :eek: a pat on the shoulder will do :)

This will take a while, just took me almost seven hours to upload a video 4:50 long to Youtube, my upload speed is slow. I have increased my video time allowance on Youtube to 'longer than 15 minutes' by having them send a verification code to my mobile phone.

This probably means I'll be getting more junk messages on my phone but there you go. Not sure how long I'll get, only way is to try it and see. I found the travel file on the hard disk, it's 44 minutes long and 1.95Gb. From memory I think most are between 20 and 30 minutes long.

That one on the disk is labelled number eight, btw, so maybe there's eight.

Anyhow, I'll try an upload to Youtube overnight and if that doesn't work out I'll use the space I have at my other Forum.

This will take a while so don't hold your breath ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Now if you still had your Pi. You could have plugged in a external hd with the vids on and we all could have shh'd in to it to watch the vids.
Anyways
Luigi's Greasy Spoon cafe sounds great. I'll be there.
grimace.png

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have now ripped all footage to HDD on media machine, will upload first one overnight.

They are:

1) Greenwich and Blackheath 27-02-06 25:35
2) London's West End 06-03-06 30:53
3) Shoreham & Eynsford 12-03-06 17:11
4) Wapping & Tower Bridge 19-03-06 30:35
5) Biggin Hill, Westerham & Hever Date unknown 43:22
6) Hastings Date unknown 33:58
7) Sandwich Date unknown 28:54
8) North Kent Orpington, Chelsfield, Sidcup, Bexleyheath. January 2008. 44:31