Windows XP Question about Mac os X server and w2k server

Reaction score
Hi all . i saw server at my work place that is running windows server 2OOO. I looked at its network connections and i saw like four computer icons .Two of them were for printers and the other two had names such as dellserver and file server! What made me surprsied that in front(discription) of fileserver it was written mac os x server !! I wonder if mac os x is a hardware or sofware running on the top of windows 2000 server? I looked around i did not see any other server!! could any one explain to me how we can have such case. I know that this server provides service for both windows and macs but still i am kind of confused!I be happy if some expert explain to me how these cases are possbile .Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
not entirely sure what your on about but it's probably a file server with the appletalk protocol installed.

Reaction score
Techy said:
not entirely sure what your on about but it's probably a file server with the appletalk protocol installed.

Thank u for u reply. Well my queston is if mac os x server is installed on the top of windows 2k server ? since i do not see any other server around !! Furthermore, can windows 2000 can provide server to mac computer by default ?Thanks

I wonder if mac os x is a hardware or sofware running on the top of windows 2000 server? I looked around i did not see any other server!! could any one explain to me how we can have such case.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Mac OS X Server version 10.4 “Tiger” gives you everything you need to manage servers in a mixed-platform environment and to configure, deploy, and manage powerful network services.

;)

http://images.apple.com/server/pdfs/Mac_OS_X_Server_TO_v10.4.pdf

... that's a 2.58Mb file there. :D

And I think the record for the most operating system on one PC was 147
(a server is a glorified PC)

Ask a Question