QNAP TS-653B

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
MadShrimps review the QNAP TS-653B, a 6-bay quad-core NAS that includes a PCIe slot and plenty of connectivity options:

TS-653B is picking the “goodies” from the previous model NASes such as the USB QuickAccess (now with USB-C bus) or the frontal display, which does feature an easy to read OLED panel. The display does feature additional information such as system fan speed, temperatures, HDD capacity, volumes or LUN; the capacitive buttons are easy accessible and can perform different commands, including system restart of shutdown. For doing easy backups of different media, we do have a SD card reader right in front of the unit, along with a separate USB 3.0 port. For connecting extra storage, printers or a Wi-Fi dongle, we can always make use of the four USB 3.0 ports in the back. The unit does also support USB RAID expansion enclosures for five or eight drives, we can use M.2 SSD/10GbE PCIe combo expansion cards, while the dual microphone input jacks can be used for Karaoke.

qQNAP 653b.jpg

Read the review here:
http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1001011/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
A NAS Wit ha remote control? Not sure that's needed! Looks like a decent bit of kit though. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a remote control with my existing QNAP NAS, but I never use it. It's mainly for people who use their NAS as a Plex player via the HDMI port I guess (or some of the other standalone tools). Oddly, one of the big apps they market is a Karaoke player - I guess it's more popular in other parts of the world for that.

Ask a Question