Public Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks

jereviscious

Hi all.

I've created a public folder that contains all of my contact information as
well as a calendar and task list. My question is, is how do I set it up so
that when a create a new task request for a contact, it will post in the
public task list?

I've already associated the public task list on the activities tab for the
contact folder, but the tasks keep getting posted to my own personal task
list, unshared.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Tasks and activities will always post to your default folders, not public
folders.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, jereviscious asked:

| Hi all.
|
| I've created a public folder that contains all of my contact
| information as well as a calendar and task list. My question is, is
| how do I set it up so that when a create a new task request for a
| contact, it will post in the public task list?
|
| I've already associated the public task list on the activities tab
| for the contact folder, but the tasks keep getting posted to my own
| personal task list, unshared.
|
| Thanks in advance for your reply.

jereviscious

This is a very limited behavior, does anyone know of a third party
workaround or another solution to this problem?

Thanks

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Use File | Move to Folder instead of Save and Close to designate where those items should be saved.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook said:
Tasks and activities will always post to your default folders, not public
folders.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, jereviscious asked:

| Hi all.
|
| I've created a public folder that contains all of my contact
| information as well as a calendar and task list. My question is, is
| how do I set it up so that when a create a new task request for a
| contact, it will post in the public task list?
|
| I've already associated the public task list on the activities tab
| for the contact folder, but the tasks keep getting posted to my own
| personal task list, unshared.
|
| Thanks in advance for your reply.

jereviscious

Hi Sue, Thanks for your reply. I already figured this part out, however, I
would like to be able to set a default task, calendar and journal folder for
every public contact folder. That way the user doesn't have to go through
this...

Maybe I can script this behavior and set it in a custom form that I can
associate with a public folder?

Yes, you can create a custom form that "knows" where to save itself; see http://www.outlook.com/d/forms/saveinfolder.htm. But if you went that route you'd need at least 4 custom forms -- contact, appointment, task and journal. Another approach would be to provide buttons on the contact form surface to create new items in the desired folders using the MAPIFolder.Items.Add method on each target folder.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

jereviscious said:
This is a very limited behavior, does anyone know of a third party
workaround or another solution to this problem?

Thanks
"Milly Staples - MVP Outlook"
Tasks and activities will always post to your default folders, not public
folders.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, jereviscious asked:

| Hi all.
|
| I've created a public folder that contains all of my contact
| information as well as a calendar and task list. My question is, is
| how do I set it up so that when a create a new task request for a
| contact, it will post in the public task list?
|
| I've already associated the public task list on the activities tab
| for the contact folder, but the tasks keep getting posted to my own
| personal task list, unshared.
|
| Thanks in advance for your reply.

jereviscious

Hi Sue, Thanks again for the Reply. The link you provided doesn't appear to
be active. I think you've got exactly what I need there with the code
snippets...

jereviscious said:
This is a very limited behavior, does anyone know of a third party
workaround or another solution to this problem?

Thanks
"Milly Staples - MVP Outlook"
Tasks and activities will always post to your default folders, not
public
folders.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, jereviscious asked:

| Hi all.
|
| I've created a public folder that contains all of my contact
| information as well as a calendar and task list. My question is, is
| how do I set it up so that when a create a new task request for a
| contact, it will post in the public task list?
|
| I've already associated the public task list on the activities tab
| for the contact folder, but the tasks keep getting posted to my own
| personal task list, unshared.
|
| Thanks in advance for your reply.

jereviscious

I found it...

http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/saveinfolder.htm

jereviscious said:
This is a very limited behavior, does anyone know of a third party
workaround or another solution to this problem?

Thanks
"Milly Staples - MVP Outlook"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message Tasks and activities will always post to your default folders, not
public
folders.