    decoded)." Do you know what I can do to open this file?
    --
    Jubilee

    Jayco, Mar 30, 2010

  2. "Jayco" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    >I have Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. I followed the instructions for "Move
    > contacts to another computer and Copy files to a CD. I can't open the file
    > on the CD, and I can't open the file where it's located in C:\Documents and
    > Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I get the
    > error message, "Adobe Reader could not open 'My Contacts Backup.pst' because
    > it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged
    > (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly
    > decoded)." Do you know what I can do to open this file?

    First, your file type association for PSTs is incorrect. They should not be
    associated with Adobe Reader. That said, coopy the PST to a handy directory
    on your hard drive (like My Documents\Outlook Files), start Outlook, click
    File>Open>Outlook Data File, browse to the PST, select it, and click OK. See
    http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp and
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Mar 30, 2010

  3. Jayco

    DANIA Guest

    hi

    DANIA, Mar 30, 2010