PS3 , Xbox360, Nintendo Rev. Oh my!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i think the PS3 controller looks kinda silly if you ask me.

Reaction score
lol Nah needed improvements i feel lol I LOVE the XBOX controller ... especially the smaller one lol :)

Buttons are perfect i feel ...

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
From what I've gathered so far the PS3 controller has a very similar button layout to the PS2 controller, but has been revamped with a much more ergonomic (comfortable) shaping which should be much easier to handle for long gaming sessions. I know from experience that long times handle the PS2 controller can leave your thumbs siezed and sore.

Reaction score
Yeah they are basically ... lol

But surely ANY game controller becomes achy after long periods ?!?! lol Just a matter of when i guess ...

Reaction score
Well according to news bulletins etc. and BBC news online, i heard earlier the PS3 is more powerful in terms of its processing ability than the new Xbox360.

I'll find a link for you guys to check out, or maybe you've heard it yourself, we'll see how things go at the big gamers meeting thing (E3) summit isn't it. Up north or something where they review all the new technology.

Chris

Reaction score
I could never get the hand of games like Red Faction or Medal of Honour on the PS2 controllers - KB and Mouse is FAR easier for games like that. Admittedly driving games arent that bad...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For FPS' The k.b and mouse can not be beaten! (Once you get used to the vast differences to the control pads) You can aim alot easier and quicker than with the sticks.

But i am with chris on the driving game thing, i find it very hard to get proper control of the game when you using the k.b. Especially when you now have to deal with buttons being pressure sensitive. (Like the Xbox And PS2)
While we are on the subject i prefer the Xbox triggers to the X and Square buttons of the PS2, i personally can get more control over the accelerator and brakes with them! Thats why i am thinking very seriously about buying Forza Motorsport! (Even though i am only half way through Gran Turisno 4!) :D

Well thats just my opimion anyways!

Well thats time to go back to work for me now :(

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Controllers, their good for some things, like fighting games.
i heard that they are rasing the prices for nexgen games to $60 (32 pounds)!
(how do you make a pound symbol?) :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Alf you probably have your keyboard set to american settings so you'l only get the dollar sign come up...

We have to change ours to great britain English settings so we get the £ sign and the $ sign...he he..

Reaction score
Alf said:
i heard that they are rasing the prices for nexgen games to $60 (32 pounds)!
(how do you make a pound symbol?) :D

Alf games here in england cost around £40 when the new ps2 and xbox came out! ...

they've only recently gone down to £30 (in the shops)

places like amazon have always done them around the £30 mark

i will probably get the xbox360 and by the time the ps3 comes out il have enough to get that aswell :D

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
It's rumoured that the Nintendo Revolution will have downloadable access to all the games released for it's previous consoles such as NES, SNES, N64 etc. I don't yet know if these downloads will be free of subscription based, but it may be a great feature that will guarantee that the Revolution is able to contend with the PS3 and Xbox360.
It's certainly something that'd interest me in my choice for a next gen console.

Reaction score
well what has been going around the PS3 is gonna be around $500 us soooo is it gonna really be worth it... i dont think so.. Xbox 360 will probaly be the same price as original when it came out!.... and by the way all of ps3's games are pre rendered so we dont know how the games will actaully look yeat on the sytem.. And the revolution is gonna be a cheap alternative. you will be able to play every nintendo made game on it very nice.. But its still kiddy so i dont like it :p... If the chossing was up to me xbox is more practical.. PS3 with all that stuff very over rated and its not even gonna be out for another year or so xbox 3 months maybe

<--- bad spelling ouch!!!!!! Also i do own both systems xbox and ps2.. ps2 has lost my intrest becuase the small ones they made oVER HEAT!!!!!!!!! GJ SONY! and if you play to many dvds on the old one your system will get slower and eventually stop reading discs. xbox not so... so you decide

Last edited:

Ask a Question