PS artist looking for help with print setup

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody with a good knowledge of printers etc. can help me get started with a print setup.

I create my designs in photoshop, and so far have just done it as a sort of hobby, but after seeing the many prints available on ebay - I thought about giving it a go.

I've looked into it, and although I create my art mostly digitally... I've not got a clue about the print setup. I would like to be able to produce print up to A2 in size, and obviously a decent glossy finish. I will be looking to source this second hand / refurbished as I'm on a budget. Obviously as these are art prints I need a really good finish - reccomendations on paper etc. and finishing would be really helpful. Could I varnish the product?

I currently just use an inkjet printer... never really thought about laser etc. - my knowledge is fairly basic! I've seen people boast that their prints do not fade for 100 years etc. - this is obviously down to ink, but what are they using etc.?

Finally, there is the running costs and sourcing of paper/varnish/ink - any reccomendations would be appreciated! Also if anybody knows of a supplier of 4" tubes for delivery?

I won't give a budget, but worst comes to worst I will get an A3 printer instead of A2. Do you think there is much profit in this sort of thing? It would be nice to earn a bit as I could really use the money being a student.

Thanks in advance - sorry if I've gone on a bit!

Ask a Question