Properties Summary Advanced has no values for jpg files

G

Hello,

I have Windows XP Professional. My problem is with windows-explorer. Explorer does not show the EXIF information in jpeg files anymore although the file still contains the EXIF information (tested on other computers and special camera software).

It shows in 2 ways.
1) When I right click on a file and choose properties-Summary - Advanced. The Property Value column is empty and has no values.
That goes only for jpg files doc files for example are ok.

2) If I am in a folder and choose View - Details and add column that show informations on files. I can add the column such as "date picture taken" , " Camera Model " and "Dimensions" but they have no values. Values such as "Size", "Type", "Name", "Date Created", "Owner" ARE OK but all specific values fore pictures are empty
Best regards
Valdimar Helgason

G

The answer to this question was provided by Ramesh on
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
It is genius and is copy pasted here for information:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Valdimar,
Only option which I can think of is to Unregister and Re-register Shimgvw.dll
Click Start/Run and type regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
Then type, regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
Restart Windows.
This fixes the PropertyHandler value (default) at:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\ShellEx\PropertyHandler
Apart from this, a later version of shimgvw.dll *might* help.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822227
(This is definitely a higher version than the one included in XP SP1 - 6.0.2800.1106)

Ask a Question