Project still in "project explorer" window after file closed down!

Gunnar Johansson

Hi,

I find that the VBAProjects doesn't disappear in the explorer window in vba
editor and if I open the file more times, there will be more Projects with
the same name and it causes crasches after a while.

Anybody know why?

Dave Peterson

I've seen these, but don't know what causes them.

I've never had xl crash because of one of them, but if you're concerned, close
excel and restart.

Next time I see one, I'm gonna try reopening a few times to see if xl crashes.

keepITcool

Do you have any VBE addins installed?

I'm not sure but I had some freezes with Smart Indenter v3.3,
that disappeared when I installed v3.4 (rel.Nov 5th)
http://www.oaltd.co.uk

Else just unload all VBE addins and see if it still happens...

keepITcool

< email : keepitcool chello nl (with @ and .) >
< homepage: http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool >

Gunnar Johansson

Yes, I had ASAP Utilities and Navigator, but I have unloaded them but
problem still exists.

When I close down Excel and reopen it, the projects disappear. Is this a XL
2003 question? I don't rembemer I had this probelm with 2002..?

/Regards

keepITcool

Gunnar,

it's NOT 'normal' addins for excel (like ASAP)
it's specific com-addins for the VBEditor, as listed
under addins/add-in manager in the VBeditor.

if you dont have these.. i dont know what's causing it.

keepITcool

< email : keepitcool chello nl (with @ and .) >
< homepage: http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool >

pfsardella

I have the same problem with "ghost" projects persistence in Excel97.
I hadn't noticed that to be a cause of crashes; I'll have to try
pushing it to find out.

Paul

Gunnar Johansson

The only VBE addin I have is PrettyCode, but I don't think it's the problem.
I'm right now trying to reinstall Office. We'll see if a fresh office have
the same problem (or if it is connected to a VBAProject...). I'll be back.

/Regards

I have exactly the same problem with Excel XP (xl2002).

I have used my Office XP CD to "Detect & Repair" and to "Reinstall" but with
no effect.

My only other course will be to uninstall and then reinstall - but I want to
know why this is happening!

Paul

I have exactly the same problem on my main computer but not on my laptop!

I have used "Detect & Repair" and also "Reinstall" from my Office XP CD but
to no avail.

I have no add-ins and my VBA references are the minimum.

I have been on other forum sites and this is NOT an isolated problem. So far
I have encountered at least a dozen reports of the same thing happening.

Paul

Jim

I have seen this problem too. I found that
it pertained to an individual workbook and not
to Excel itself. To fix the problem with the workbook
I copied all of the code to a new workbook and
the problem went away.

HTM,
Jim

I had the same problem but found out that my add-in had some references to a
worksheet in the workbook I tried to close. By ensuring that the reference
was dropped the VBA project disappeared. So make sure you do not have
remaining references in your addin when you close your workbook.

Microsoft -- Could be something to warn about perhaps !?

Haldun Alay

Thanks a lot. otherwise I'm going to get crazy. I tried to repair, reinstall, safe mode but didn't work.

Thanks again.

Regards.

--
Haldun Alay
"Gunnar Johansson" <[email protected]>, haber iletisinde þunlarý yazdý:Oh0c%[email protected]...

/Regards

Gunnar !

My addin builds up a number of internal structures mostly objects relating
to each other. Some of the fields are references to e.g. a worksheet. If you
close down your workbook without making sure that these internal structures
are destroyed (set to Nothing) then you can have the problem of a dangling
reference. Does that answer your question.