Prohibit minimization

Brofalad

Hi,
When the X in the upper left corner is clicked the application is
minimized.
Is it possible to set a condition for this minimization because I dont
want it to minimize if my application is in edit mode.
/Brofalad

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

You never want to allow it, or only during certain times? Are you sure that
this won't completely annoy your user? It would certainly annoy me if you
just stop handling a valid input from me during operations (I'd be quite
likely to find a way to kill the application and never use it again). If
you want to remove the smart minimize button in the upper *right* corner,
you can look at this article:

You might want to look at this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo.../thread/932f10c1-de86-4129-a4bd-f88e3f2b842e/

Paul T.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Hmmm. Left out the first reference. Look up "smart minimize remove" in the
help and you should find information on removing the smart minimize button
entirely.

Paul T.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Brofalad

Paul thanks for your reply!

The problem is that we have users that clicks the upper right X in
editing mode. After this they claims that they lost data when they
synchronize with the PC.

I see two options

1. Blame the incompetent user
2. Warn the user before minimizing.

/Brofalad

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Seems like this would be identical to clicking the close button in Word when
you've already changed the document. If it's a smart minimize button, not a
close button, then you can detect that (see the threads I pointed you to),
and ask the user if he wants to abandon, I guess. Or, you could make it
really be a close button (typically OK), and ask, when he clicks that,
whether to save or not. I think you're fixing an operational problem by
creating another one.

Paul T.