Programs turn to command window, then disappear

G

Hello all
I've only had xp for a week or two. everything was working fine until a day ago when i added a new video card and another stick of memory. around that same time, third-party programs like winamp, spy-bot, etc. won't run. clicking on their shortcut or directly on their exe only brings up a command prompt window that quickly closes. what is wrong? i'm pretty sure i don't have a virus, nor do i (at the moment) have any adware/spyware (that adaware can find at least) not all programs do this, but most do, and more fall to it by the minute (not kidding!) any help is much welcomed :) thanks

W

Will Denny

Hi

May I suggest to try and see which - if either item of hardware - is causing the problem, you replace the originals one at a time. That way you may be able to detect your problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Hello all,
| I've only had xp for a week or two. everything was working fine until a day ago when i added a new video card and another stick of memory. around that same time, third-party programs like winamp, spy-bot, etc. won't run. clicking on their shortcut or directly on their exe only brings up a command prompt window that quickly closes. what is wrong? i'm pretty sure i don't have a virus, nor do i (at the moment) have any adware/spyware (that adaware can find at least) not all programs do this, but most do, and more fall to it by the minute (not kidding!) any help is much welcomed :) thanks

Ask a Question