    C:\Program Files (and corresponding registry locations, and the start menu,
    etc) could be virtualized using the current filesystem and registry
    virtualization mechanisms.

    Roof Fiddler, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Roof Fiddler

    Chris Moore Guest

    This virtual stuff.....when saving Office document writer print jobs I have
    been saving them to DESKTOP but Vista is saving them to a virtualised store
    under Temporary internet files which is then not accessible even though I am
    an administrator. I have from the command prompt tried to copy/move these
    files but cannot.

    Why is Vista behaving this way and Desktop is not Desktop for my user
    account. I guess I am missing something fundamental here can you shed any
    light for me?

    Thanks

    Chris

    <DIV>&quot;Roof Fiddler&quot; &lt;&gt; wrote in message
    news:...</DIV>> Since programs which
    insist on writing user data to the programs'

    Chris Moore, Sep 21, 2006