procesor probs (least i reckon so)

Reaction score
I just bought a Athlon 64 3200+ and it seems to me to be running not like a 3200 should do.In my system properties its showing as 2ghz which is ok but on a benchmark prog i have its showing up as 798mhz.I did a cpu benchmark and the results are about a 3rd of what they should be(even a freinds 1.5 ghz beat this).

What got me thinking was a m8 of mine has a p4 3ghz and he converted a movie file in 30 mins,took me 90.My old 1.3 Athlon did it in 90 also.

I'm running a ASrock k8s8x mobo with 1 ghz of ddr

The receipt i got stated it was ddr 400mhz,the bios says its 166 mhz/DDr 333.

Any help greatly app

Reaction score
Cannon,

first of all when relating to benchmarking/testing software it's always an idea to comment on which programs and which versions you are using!

As a rule system properties in windows is a good estimate of the processor speed and as this is reported as 2Ghz (which is correct for the 64 bit 3200+) the issue that you mentioned with converting movie files may lie else where.

If you could supply a full system spec we can look into this in more detail for you.

regards

James

Reaction score
Thx for the replys.Got to the root of the problem with a m8 of mine.He d'loaded the mobo manual and i sat here waiting for things to try next.Anyways its do do with the AMD Cool and Quiet Cofigeration in the Bios.

This was enabled meaning the processor was just not starting up unless it had major work to do ala games.Now with it disabled it uses all the power no matter what i do.So its now running how it should and i'm happy.

Ask a Question