Problems with new OKI printer on Windows XP Pro

G

I just purchased a new Oki 5100n (USB) colour laser printer and installed it on my Windoes XP Pro PC using the supplied installation CD. During the installation, the procedure hung and so I got the latest drivers from OKI's website and re-installed the drivers.

On completion when I right click on the printer and select Properties I get the message "Function address 0x710077c3a caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed."

When I click OK I get "The OKI C5100 printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some printer properties will not be accessible unless you install the printer driver. Do you want to install the driver now?"

...... and then we go round in circles. I am desperate for assistance as the UK Oki help desk are not even picking up the phone.

The PC is running Windows XP Pro and I am connecting the USB2 compatible printer to one of my ISB ports on my PC directly (i.e. not via USB hub). The PC's USB are 1.1. I'm using Norton's Firewall which was disabled during installation.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
alexis

G

No joy I'm afraid Cari
I tried what you suggested and I'm still getting the same result. The install procedure hangs right at the end and when I break the process right clicking on the printer to get Properties generates the errors reported at the top of this thread

After 21 years in IT I'd like to think that I know what I'm doing - this issue is rapidly reducing me to a nervous wreck and is about to defeat me. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated

than
alexi

Ask a Question