...problems with Movie Maker / "Click to DVD" relationship

Jim Spaulding

HELP!

Just bought a Sony Vaio equipped with Movie Maker.
I made this really neat video. Problem is, Movie Maker
seems to have no direct way of burning a DVD. After
following the instructions in one of the Movie Maker
articles on this web site, I saved the movie as a DV-AVI
file to my computer's hard drive.... then opened it into
the Sony DVD burning software provided on the computer
("Click to DVD"). Everything seemed to be going
swimmingly until I realized the video had NO SOUND!
I went ahead and burned a DVD to make sure. Sure enough,
the "Click to DVD" title page on my DVD popped up and
played the standard click to dvd music, just like on my
computer, but when I started to play my video, there was
no audio track with it. Can anyone tell me what I am
doing wrong? Any and all help would be greatly
appreciated!

Sincerely, Jim Spaulding

Craig Sturgeon

Same problem here... I tried to workaround the isue by re-saving the
avi file from another application. This appeared to work, sort of. I
noticed when I loaded the file into GSPOT
(http://www.headbands.com/gspot/) it reported no video information.
After I re-saved (using Presto! VideoWorks 5--it came with my Digital
Camcorder) the avi (using the original avi that claims to have no
sound) it now reported sound in GSPOT.

For the most part Click to DVD then worked... expect for two
tracks--one just stopped during playback--while the audio continued.
And another track jumped in the video from one section to another
while the audio played the jumped section (where I had spliced two
clips in MovieMaker 2). The source AVI files played fine in every
player I tried.

I have had this SONY computer for one week now; and though I'm okay
with the hardware (so far); Sony's applications are very weak--did
they test these products? I have a number of avi sources files that
cause Click to DVD to simply crash--an error with invalid file format
would be better.

Craig

walker

Craig said:
[...]

"Diane Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in message

walker

I too have ran into problems with the DVD sortware. I purchased the
Sony Vaio for 2 reasons. 1 was the hardware and multiple inputs which
are working out fine. The other was the 'ease' of integrated movie
making software. I run into multiple problems. After adding titles in
front of film segments, saving the project and upon re-opening the
project..only the titles were there lined up without the movie clips.
On line help from Sony was worthless. One completed project did not
sync the audio with the people speaking, throughout the whole project.
After making the first DVD it will not create any more. It freezes
about 1/3 into the process.
When creating a slide show, which it did well the first time, each copy
of the DVD sync'd the music differently.
The next slide show atempted froze each time I was simply moving pics
into position and error messages were sent to Sony.
I'm trying out Roxio.