Problems with installation Windows Vista Home Premium

I've just bought a new and fresh Windows Vista Home Premium. And I've got a
problems with installation. At the beginning of the installation is all
right. I can make a choice where to install the software and other like this,
but when the installation is going on, near the end it stops (nothing is
being ridden from the DVD and nothing happens with my harddrive). If I click
on the red cross on the upper right of the window sometimes I see that
installation can't be stopped 'cause it can make something bad to my
hardware, and sometimes I see a code of an error "0xE0000100" and the
installation can't be continued and if I want to use the Vista I have to
restart the installation. When I've got back to the shop the man told me "I'm
not going to give you another DVD 'cause I can't be sure that there is
something wrong with the DVD. If you wanna check it you can bring your PC to
me and if my man will install the Vista from the disc you've bought cause
there will be sth wrong with the PC you will pay for a sevice if he won't we
will give you another DVD with the Vista and we will bring your PC back with
it on a board.

Please give me some advices about installing, and an answer for a question
"Can the man from the shop do things like he has done with me?"

Respond on e-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Mike Hall - MVP

It is highly unlikely that the installation media is faulty.. it would help
if you gave information on whether you are trying to install the 32bit or
64bit version, and the method you are using to install it..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User