Problems with account display name in Outlook 2007/Exchange 2003

PrometeoSI

Hi everyone, I have a problem with display name in Outlook 2007/Exchange
2003: when I modify an account name in AD, Outlook displays the new name
only in 'to' field, instead in the 'from' one I can read only the old name.
How do I have to modify the account name to display the correct one in each
fields? Thanks a lot.

K. Orland

When you modified the account display name in AD, did you also create a new
Outlook account for the mailbox? Enter in the new name (mail applet or
properties of Outlook desktop icon if it's not a shortcut) and resolve it?

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hello,

Please first try our MVP's suggestion.

If the issue persists, please log on via OWA and let me know if the issue
persists in OWA, it will help us narrow down if the issue occurred on
Outlook or Exchange server.

Thank you. If there is any update, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?Sy4gT3JsYW5k?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with account display name in Outlook 2007/Exchange
2003
| Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:32:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| When you modified the account display name in AD, did you also create a
new
| Outlook account for the mailbox? Enter in the new name (mail applet or
| properties of Outlook desktop icon if it's not a shortcut) and resolve
it?

| --
| Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
|
| http://www.howto-outlook.com/
|

| "PrometeoSI" wrote:
|
| > Hi everyone, I have a problem with display name in Outlook
2007/Exchange
| > 2003: when I modify an account name in AD, Outlook displays the new
name
| > only in 'to' field, instead in the 'from' one I can read only the old
name.
| > How do I have to modify the account name to display the correct one in
each
| > fields? Thanks a lot.

PrometeoSI

Hello,
from OWA I have the same problem.
(Sorry for the two posts but I had got a problem with Windows Mail). Thanks
againt!

----- ----- -----

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hi,

As the issue occurred via OWA, we can conclude the issue is not occurred on
Outlook.

At this point, to get more efficient answer of this specific issue, I
suggest you directly post it in exchange newsgroup and hope you can solve
the issue soon.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: "PrometeoSI" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Problems with account display name in Outlook 2007/Exchange
2003
| Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:13:18 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hello,
| from OWA I have the same problem.
| (Sorry for the two posts but I had got a problem with Windows Mail).
Thanks
| againt!
|
| ----- ----- -----
|

| > Hello,
| >
| > Please first try our MVP's suggestion.
| >
| > If the issue persists, please log on via OWA and let me know if the
issue
| > persists in OWA, it will help us narrow down if the issue occurred on
| > Outlook or Exchange server.
| >
| > Thank you. If there is any update, feel free to post back.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > ====================================================
| > rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?Sy4gT3JsYW5k?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Problems with account display name in Outlook
2007/Exchange
| > 2003
| > | Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:32:01 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| > new
| > | Outlook account for the mailbox? Enter in the new name (mail applet or
| > | properties of Outlook desktop icon if it's not a shortcut) and resolve
| > it?
| > |
| > | --
| > | Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook