Problems to display the network connections

• Thread starter =?iso-8859-1?Q?Louren=E7o_Teodoro?=
  • Start date
?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Louren=E7o_Teodoro?=

When I enter in the "Netowork Connections" folder it displays the message:
"The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections service is enabled and running."

I checked the service and it is enabled and running. Using ipconfig I can see my network adapter, but it does not show "Local Area Connection"; instead it shows a CLSID. Also, when I type netsh in the command prompt it displays the message "Class not registered"; a dialog box with the same message displays if I enter in the System Services and try to check the dependencies of "Network Connections" service.

I looked on the web for this subject and I could see a lot of posts, but no answers; I hope that Microsoft will have a feedback about this soon.

Note: I am running Windows XP professional with SP1.

Lourenço.

K

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

Perhaps typing this at a command prompt would help you

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netshell.dll

--

Ken Wickes [MSFT]
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

When I enter in the "Netowork Connections" folder it displays the message:
"The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections service is enabled and running."

I checked the service and it is enabled and running. Using ipconfig I can see my network adapter, but it does not show "Local Area Connection"; instead it shows a CLSID. Also, when I type netsh in the command prompt it displays the message "Class not registered"; a dialog box with the same message displays if I enter in the System Services and try to check the dependencies of "Network Connections" service.

I looked on the web for this subject and I could see a lot of posts, but no answers; I hope that Microsoft will have a feedback about this soon.

Note: I am running Windows XP professional with SP1.

Lourenço.

Ask a Question