problems logging to msn messenger and net.messenger service

K

Kurt

I will olmost be crazy! when i try to connect msn messenger,hotmail or
a site with pasword,i can not logging in!
By msn i have problems with .net messenger service ore proxy settings
error 0x81000301
ore i must controll my internet connection buth notting works!

do nobody nows something about this problemm Please...

J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings Kurt,

Here are some suggestions you might want to check/try:

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
3. Change your password @ http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf, then try
signing in again.
4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK

Then try again.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com

G

Hello
I have the EXACT same problem!!! At first I thought it was a problem with my password, but I can connect to messenger with other computers, so that's not it. Internet explorer seems to be ok, but I can't log on to hotmail or messenger. I have searched everywhere to find a solution, I've scanned my computer on virusses, I've uninstalled messenger and re-installed it.... Nothing seems to help. So I would like to ask ANYONE to help us solve this problem!!!! And don't mail us, because we are unable to open it, remember... :)
Greetings
Lien

D

Derrick

Hello,

I have the same error, infact it's the second time I've
had this problem, it's related to your security catalog,
so when the sites check your security certificate it's
comes up wrong. Last I reformated my drive to fix it, I'm
trying to find a better solution than that!

G

I have tried all of that too and im having no luck at all it just say i cannot access .Net messenger service 0x81000365 because a firewall maybe preventing me ive tried everything i have no firewall on my pc... this all statred 2 days ago when i downloaded windows xp service pack 1a... can anyone help please!!!

Please post it up here cause i cannot access my emails!!

G

I have had the same problem as allof you and have fixed it once myself, then uit happened again yesterday. All of the methods Jonathan Kay says to use obviously are not a permanent solution to this problem and I think it actually made some worse for me! Anyway, I found an interesting reference to this on another website which I tried today to correct the problem -so far, so good. I am most annoyed with Microsoft messenger at this point, I firmly believe they have to come up with an easier solution to this problem. it seems is quite common with Windows XPand broadband network seems to be involved.. Here is the website and hope it helps
http:\\www.askmarvin.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=19
This will take you directly to page with a comprehensive article about this and also most important I think to click on the link on the top right side for .MSN Messenger issues. Next page has very recent article with a whole new outlook and solution to this problem!

J

josef4w1978

josef said:
I have tried all of that too and im having no luck at all it just say i
cannot access .Net messenger service 0x81000365 because a firewall
maybe preventing me ive tried everything i have no firewall on my pc...
this all statred 2 days ago when i downloaded
windows xp service pack 1a... can anyone help please!!!!

Please post it up here cause i cannot access my emails!!!
please i have erorr (0x81000365)
can any one help me?

Ask a Question