Problems installing new software

Desmodus rotundus

I have a problem that is messing me up a lot. I would like to have a
list of programs that need to be running when you do an install of a
new program on a windows 2000 professional computer. I have a program
called "End It All" that I use for Windows 95 and 98 computers. I does
a wonderful job of closing all programs. When used on Windows 2000
Pro. It also does a wonderful job of closing all programs except
Explorer. I think this is way overkill, and don't dare install any
programs with this extent of operating programs shut down. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

Gary Smith

Desmodus rotundus said:
I have a problem that is messing me up a lot. I would like to have a
list of programs that need to be running when you do an install of a
new program on a windows 2000 professional computer. I have a program
called "End It All" that I use for Windows 95 and 98 computers. I does
a wonderful job of closing all programs. When used on Windows 2000
Pro. It also does a wonderful job of closing all programs except
Explorer. I think this is way overkill, and don't dare install any
programs with this extent of operating programs shut down. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

Answered in another group. Please do not post the same question
individually to multiple groups, or more than once to the same group.
Doing so fragments the discussion and wastes your time and ours. If you
really feel that your question *must* appear in more than one group,
crosspost it by putting multiple group names separated by commas in the
Newsgroups header