Problems getting audio into web page

G

I have XP Home with the latest updates. This includes several changes to the Media Player. I am using FrontPage to manage our web pages but am unable to get control of the links to sound files. When I play an sound file from a CD the sound plays through the Media Player without having to click on now playing and the start button but if the same file has been saved to my computer I must go through these steps in order to get it to play. In addition to this problem I have done something that causes the link to play whatever audio file I last played on the Media Player. Therefore, having more than one link on the web site causes the links to all play the same thing. We have files for music and messages but all links either play the music or the message, depending on which was last played in the Media Player. I have set up a preview page for a recording artist with several song titles but all links are playing the same song or they are playing a message that I accessed on the web page. This preview page is hidden and only accessable by using an e-mail link or the page address but it is usless to the artist for promoting her CD because the desired titles do not play. I could use some help.

B

Braydon Nelson

Are you using <a href="link to file">the file</a>
You might also want to consider getting a better webpage
designer...mainly Notepad :p
I have XP Home with the latest updates. This includes several changes to the Media Player. I am using FrontPage to manage our web pages but am unable to get control of the links to sound files. When I play an sound file from a CD the sound plays through the Media Player without having to click on now playing and the start button but if the same file has been saved to my computer I must go through these steps in order to get it to play. In addition to this problem I have done something that causes the link to play whatever audio file I last played on the Media Player. Therefore, having more than one link on the web site causes the links to all play the same thing. We have files for music and messages but all links either play the music or the message, depending on which was last played in the Media Player. I have set up a preview page for a recording artist with several song titles but all links are playing the same song or they are playing a message that I accessed
on the web page. This preview page is hidden and only accessable by using an e-mail link or the page address but it is usless to the artist for promoting her CD because the desired titles do not play. I could use some help.

Ask a Question