Problem!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this website, I hope someone can help me figure this out! :(

A while ago i started to have a problem with my computer where it would run fine for hours but then the screen would suddenly go blank. The power is still running, the fans are still spinning but the HDD LED light on the front case is constantly on and there is a humming/electrical noise coming from the computer case.:confused:

I thought nothing of this at first and just reset my computer and it worked fine again. However this problem seemed to be occurring more frequently and over time the length of time it would actually run properly has got shorter.

It has now got to the point where i can not switch my computer on for over 2 minutes without the screen going blank etc... and once it has done this once, it will not start up at all unless i leave my computer for 10 mins and then try again.

I've tried everything to get it working again, I'm pretty sure this isn't a software problem because it will happen at any time while the computer is on, even when the operating system hasn't fully loaded.

Do you think it could possibly be the processor overheating or a problem with the BIOS settings ?? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Ask a Question