Problem with windows xp home edition (OEM)

G

H

I bought a windows xp home edition (OEM) and after i installed it in my new computer,i went to windows update and while it was loading it froze up my computer even the mouse cursor wasn't moving
I rebooted and still the same problem happened again.I uninstalled it then re installed it back again and still same thing happened.I tried to install windows xp pro and it worked and didn't give me that problem when i downloading updates from windows update.So i want to know if it's a CD problem and what should i do

P.S the cd is windows xp home edition with service pack 1a (OEM

I would like if someone could tell me what to do and how to solve that problem
Thank you for your help.

G

Hi Harry

Thank you for your reply to my message.If it's a problem with the video drivers like you said wouldn't you think it would have happened again after i installed windows xp pro.I installed it after i had problems with the xp home edition like i mentioned before and it worked ok.So i want to know is it a problem in the windows xp home edition with service pack 1a (OEM) CD and what should i do to solve this problem especially i bought the CD a couple of weeks ago and it was the first time to use it.Also i want to know why windows xp pro worked and home edition didn't.The computer is new so it's not a compatability issue.I would like if you could help me to solve this problem.Thank you again.

Ask a Question